Terms and Conditions of Participation
You (being the Player or an authorized representative acting on the Player’s behalf) agree that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of registration and that the details provided on the registration form are, to the best of your knowledge, true and correct. You agree that you are either the Player, or that you have the Player’s authority and consent to bind the Player to these terms and conditions.
Where the Player is under 18 years of age, by completing this Registration form, the parent, guardian or authorized representative of the Player acknowledges that he or she has read and explained the contents of this Registration form to the Player, and consents to the Player being bound by these terms and conditions and to their participation in the sport of basketball.
EuroProBasket is not an Agency and will not be held responsible to work as one for players in the program. EuroProBasket will give the player an opportunity to learn European basketball from professionals and to showcase their skills and abilities. It is not EuroProBasket’s responsibility to find teams for players in the program.
All players in attendance should be aware they are here in Spain legally for a duration of 90 days, depending on their country of origin, and the type of visa granted to them. In order to extend their stay, they will need to sign a professional contract with a team and apply for the suitable visa, or return to their country of origin. Any player that stays past the 90 days will be doing so at their own risk, but in that case please get information from Spanish authorities to avoid irregular situations. Additional options are available to apply for a visa before attending the program.
Registrations and Arrivals
Registrations and any changes to arrival dates need to be done 15 days before scheduled arrival. Changes need to be done via email which should be sent to the director Brad Kanis at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you fail to inform EuroProBasket of your arrival or change of arrival, you risk losing your deposit and full payment. If your flight was cancelled last minute or moved to a later date, we will do our best to move your registration but do not guarantee that you will gain those days on the backend of your stay. Arrival dates need to be modified with 15 days prior notice.
Your arrival date is set for the date you register for. If you plan on arriving a day early you will need to do so by paying an extra fee through EuroProBasket or making your own arrangements. You will not be allowed to check in a day or two early if you show up without reserving and paying for the extra days.
For players that need visas to travel to the academy in Valencia, Spain: EuroProBasket will provide an invitation letter upon registration and payment stating that the registration and payment or partial payment for the program has been made. We do not guarantee that a visa will be granted to you. That would depend on your documents and information that you provide to the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in your country. We will provide a partial refund of 70% of the amount paid if you are denied a visa for your travel to Spain.
Rules, Regulations and Policies
By registering with EuroProBasket and agreeing to the terms and conditions you accede:
- To follow the EuroProBasket Program, including all conditioning, weight training, and practices.
- To consistently show motivation and aspire to the goals of the EuroProBasket program.
- To arrive at all practices, games, events and scheduled academy meetings on time.
- To act as a professional and conduct oneself as a professional “On and Off the Court”.
- To respect EuroProBasket, BnB Hotel, L’Alqueria del Basket de Valencia Basket staff, employees and guests; by not using profane language and behaving in a respectful manner, in and around EuroProBasket, BnB Hotel, L’Alqueria del Basket de Valencia Basket facilities.
- To respect and not damage EuroProBasket, BnB Hotel, L’Alqueria del Basket de Valencia Basket facilities or equipment.
- To not put yourself or others at risk of injury due to activities outside of basketball.
- To not invite people to stay in one’s room without first advising BnB Hotel staff, and/or paying a special discounted rate for the stay.
- To not use drugs or alcohol while in the EuroProBasket Program.
- To have your own private health insurance in case of injury or illness.
- To be at practice on time and leave on time. The gym is shared by many teams and clubs. Players should not arrive more than 20 mins before a practice or workout. Players should leave when the staff leaves. Players are not allowed to use facilities without a staff member or coach present. On the weekends the practice and training facilities are closed to EuroProBasket players.
- To understand that EuroProBasket is not an agency, and is not responsible to work and assist players after their program has ended. Once an agreement has been reached between a player and a team, that agreement is between those two entities and does not include EuroProBasket or staff members.
EuroProBasket reserves the right to terminate a players program and stay in the hotel if one or more of the rules is broken. If a player intentionally injures another player or staff member in a practice, game or any other situation. If a player has not paid for the full program before the date agreed upon. If the player continually behaves in a disruptive or hostile manner, after warnings and/or meetings with staff members.
Assumption of Risk
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge and agree that in consideration of participating in any way in the EuroProBasket Program, related events and activities, I, the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in these sport events is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated instructions and policies and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest staff member immediately; and
- I understand that if I choose to drive my own vehicle or be a passenger in a vehicle while traveling to and/or from a EuroProBasket or Spanish Team’s event, EuroProBasket’s liability insurance coverage will not apply; and
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify and hold EuroProBasket, BnB Hotel, L’Alqueria del Basket de Valencia Basket, and their staff, officials, agents and/or employees, other sport participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event or activity (“Releases”) harmless with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I hereby grant EuroProBasket permission to use my likeness in photographs, video recordings or electronic images in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. I understand and agree that these materials will become the property of the organization and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocably authorize the organization to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute these images for purposes of publicizing the organization’s programs or for any other lawful purpose. In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of my image. I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge the organization from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND BY REGISTERING, IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Limitation of Liability and Release
I understand, agree and acknowledge that some activities may be of a hazardous nature and/or include physical and/or strenuous activity. Understanding this, I state that I have no medical condition or impairment that might inhibit my safe and active participation in the above listed activity. In addition, I understand that EuroProBasket does not provide medical insurance coverage for activity participants and that any applicable medical insurance must be provided individually by such participants. In the case of injury or medical emergency and in the event participant, or their parent or guardian, cannot respond at the time of the emergency, EuroProBasket has permission to seek, administer, or have administered whatever first aid or emergency medical care deemed necessary for participant’s welfare, and it is understood that participant, and not EuroProBasket, shall be responsible for any and all charges for such health care services regardless of whether participant’s medical insurance would cover such charges.
Photographs and Videos
I hereby grant EuroProBasket permission to use my likeness in photographs, video recordings or electronic images in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. I understand and agree that these materials will become the property of the organization and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocably authorize the organization to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute these images for purposes of publicizing the organization’s programs or for any other lawful purpose. In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of my image. I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge the organization from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
- To receive a shared room in a hotel
- To receive training from certified coaches
- To receive practices weekdays, not including holidays or weekends
- To receive transportation to and from EuroProBasket games and events, in the case of away games or community activities
- To receive practice and game uniforms
- To receive breakfast in the hotel restaurant
- To receive medical care from a certified physiotherapist during their program, for any injury sustained during a EuroProBasket practice, training or game.
- To receive games and scrimmages against local teams and EuroProBasket teams (upon availability), and film from those games
- To place the program on hold due to injury, illness or family emergency and to return at a later time as long as it is within 12 months of their departure from the program, with one exception, the August program: which can be found below for number 4 of the EuroProBasket rights.
EuroProBasket reserves the rights:
- To retain the entire program fee due to a Player not signing with a professional team (as this is not a EuroProBasket responsibility), being injured, not being satisfied with the program or for any other reason.
- To withhold the payment once it is made. Payments are non-refundable, but can be used for a future program with advanced notice. All fees, once paid, are non-refundable.
- To withhold the payment without refund if the player does not show on the scheduled arrival date without 48 hours prior notice.
- To withhold the players payment for the August Euro Professional Program. All deposits made for the month of August go directly to paying the residence and other expenses months ahead of time. There is no option to move the date or cancel the reservation.
- To withhold the players deposit, and request a new deposit payment, due to a player’s no show or last minute change of arrival date.
- To terminate a players program and stay in the hotel if one or more of the EuroProBasket rules is broken, if a player intentionally injures another player or staff member in a practice, game or any other situation. If a player has not paid for the full program before the date agreed upon. If the player continually behaves in a disruptive or hostile manner, after warnings and/or meetings with staff members.
- By registering for the EuroProBasket Programs listed on the website, you fully understand and agree to everything stated in the above text.
- Players who are not able to attend a program for their scheduled date are allowed to move their arrival to a later date if they do so within 15 days of their scheduled arrival date or if they show proof of a positive Covid-19 PCR test result within 48 hours of their arrival. They will be allowed to attend within 12 months of their previous arrival date.
- Various safety protocols are in place to protect the staff and players. These should not affect the training or competition.
- Registered players will be asked to use a mask and practice strict social distancing 10 days before their scheduled departure to their EuroProBasket program.
- Players will not be allowed to participate unless they are fully vaccinated with the required booster shots, or if they provide a certificate detailing a recent recovery of covid with antibodies in their system. A recent recovery would be an infection within the past 6 months prior to arrival to the program.
- The amount of players in the program will vary and is difficult to predict due to the current circumstances. A lower number of players are expected due to covid-19.
- If a player shows symptoms of infection, we reserve the right to exercise the government mandated safety protocol. This includes being removed from training, placed in isolation in the hotel room, and tested for Covid-19, at the players expense. That player will be required to produce a negative Covid-19 test.
- Please contact the academy director for more detailed information as it is constantly changing and being updated: email@example.com and +34600861733
EuroProBasket Sanitary Bubble
I understand that due to the current circumstances regarding the Novel Coronavirus, the EuroProBasket program will be done in a sanitary bubble format. I understand, agree and acknowledge that there will be many more rules and restrictions which are in place to protect my health and safety and the health and safety of the staff and other players in the program. The rules I agree to follow include the following:
- Wearing a mask at all times except when training, eating and staying in my hotel room.
- Not entering indoor restaurants, stores, night clubs, bars or any other establishments with a high volume of people.
- Night Clubs are strictly forbidden during a player’s time in the program.
- Keeping a 2 meter or 6 foot distance between me and other people not in the program.
- Adhering to Antigen tests at various intervals throughout the program.
- Agreeing that if there is a positive result in a group of players, that entire group will be quarantined and each player will need to provide a negative covid test before returning to practices.
- Understanding that if a positive Antigen test result is that of my roommate, I will need to quarantine for 10 days, whether my test result was negative or not. On the 10th day of quarantine, I will need to provide a negative PCR test result to return to training
- Agreeing that if I need a negative PCR test result to return to my home country, the cost is my responsibility and not that of EuroProBasket. I will inform the EuroProBasket manager and director upon my arrival that I will need to have a negative PCR test to return home. They will give me the contact information of a lab that will provide the test.
- Using the locker rooms for periods less than a few minutes.
- Using my mask until I enter the basketball court and using it immediately following my exit from the basketball court. EuroProBasket is not responsible for providing masks.
- Not sharing towels, food or water with teammates.
- Bringing a towel to each weight training session and understanding if I do not have a towel at the weight training session, I will not be allowed to partake.
I understand that the highest risk of infection comes from my teammates breaking the rules set forth in the sanitary bubble format. I take the risk and responsibility of that risk upon myself and will not hold EuroProBasket responsible. I understand that I should inform EuroProBasket staff if I witness a player breaking the rules of the sanitary bubble.
I accept the fact that I will be removed from the EuroProBasket bubble if I break these rules. I will no longer take part in the program but will be allowed to stay the remaining days in the hotel if I pay my own single room fee supplement.
Spanish Government Restrictions
I understand that the EuroProBasket program follows Spanish laws and regulations. If Spanish law prohibits the use of the basketball facilities or issues a lockdown, my program will be put on hold indefinitely. This will begin upon my checkout from the B&B Hotel. I will be able to use my days at a later date through email communication with the EuroProBasket director.
Positive Covid-19 Test Result
- If I test positive in an Antigen test, I agree to quarantine in my room. I agree I will need to quarantine for 7-10 days. I also understand that food, beverages or medicine will be brought to my room at my expense through available delivery services. I will reimburse EuroProBasket for any extra expenses acquired during my quarantine.
- If I test positive for Covid-19, I accept the responsibility to quarantine in my own SINGLE room at an extra cost to me. The individual or single room supplement is 35.00€ per day.
- I understand that I will not be allowed to practice until I provide a negative PCR test result. This will be following a 10 day quarantine and the test to return to training will be at my own expense. I will also need to take a Serological test to prove that I have antibodies in my system before returning to training.
- I understand that I may need an exam by a cardiologist, at my own expense and not that of EuroProBasket to return to training as covid-19 can have serious effects on an individual’s heart.
- If my quarantine overlaps the time in my program, I agree to pay the hotel directly for the extra days needed, at the current rate the hotel is offering.
- EuroProBasket will provide information about where PCR and Antigen tests can be taken.
- I understand that meals will need to be provided by myself via local delivery companies or orders from the hotel restaurant.
- I understand that I have an option to get my own individual room at an extra cost to limit the possibilities of covid-19 transmission.
Elite Individual Training
- There are no refunds once payments have been made for the program.
- Once a registration is made and a session or pack of sessions have been paid, those sessions will need to be used within 45 days of purchase. They will no longer be valid after that 45 day period.
- A cancellation or rescheduling of a session needs to be made via a WhatsApp message to this number +34600861733 at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled training session. Depending on availability of courts and coaches, modifications will be made. Any cancelations after this period will be lost.
The contents of this page will be printed and given to each participant to be signed in person before their first training session. If the player is a minor, the parent or legal guardian will need to be present to sign the Player Agreement and Liability Release.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the EuroProBasket Director Brad Kanis at firstname.lastname@example.org or +34600861733