Terms and Conditions of Participation
You (being the Player or an authorized representative acting on the Player’s behalf) agree that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of registration and that the details provided on the registration form are, to the best of your knowledge true and correct. You agree that you are either are the Player, or that you have the Player’s authority and consent to bind the Player to these terms and conditions.
Where the Player is under 18 years of age, by completing this Registration form, the parent, guardian or authorized representative of the Player acknowledges that he or she has read and explained the contents of this Registration form to the Player, and consents to the Player being bound by these terms and conditions and to their participation in the sport of basketball.
Europrobasket is not an Agency and will not work as one for players in the program. Europrobasket will give the player an opportunity to learn European Basketball from professionals and to showcase their skills and abilities. It is not Europrobasket’s responsibility to find teams for players in the program.
All players in attendance should be aware they are here in Spain legally for a duration of 90 days, depending on their country of origin, and the type of visa granted to them. In order to extend their stay, they will need to sign a professional contract with a team and apply for the suitable visa, or return to their country of origin. Any player that stays past the 90 days will be doing so at their own risk, but in that case please get information from Spanish authorities to avoid irregular situations. Additional options are available to apply for a visa before attending the program. Please consult with Europrobasket Staff, weeks in advance, about this option.
Rules, Regulations and Policies
By registering with Europrobasket and agreeing to the terms and conditions you accede:
- To follow the Europrobasket Program, including all conditioning, weight, and practices.
- To consistently show motivation and aspire to the goals of the Europrobasket Program.
- To arrive to all practices, games, events and scheduled academy meetings on time.
- To act as a professional and conduct oneself as a professional “On and Off the Court”.
- To respect EUROPROBASKET, BnB Hotel, L’Alqueria del Basket de Valencia Basket staff, employees and guests; by not using profane language and behaving in a respectful manner, in and around EUROPROBASKET, BnB Hotel, L’Alqueria del Basket de Valencia Basket facilities.
- To respect and not damage EUROPROBASKET, BnB Hotel, L’Alqueria del Basket de Valencia Basket facilities or equipment.
- To not put at risk of injury yourself or others due to activities outside of basketball.
- To not invite people to stay in one’s room without first advising BnB Hotel Staff, and/or paying a special discounted rate for the stay.
- To not use drugs or alcohol while in the Europrobasket Program.
- To have your own private health insurance in case of injury or illness
- To eat in the hotel during the times posted. Players are not allowed to bring yogurts and fruits to their rooms. Players are allowed to eat as much as they would like in the restaurant. Only three times a day. Once returning from practice you are not allowed to take food, fruits, yogurts or juices. Please inform staff if you will not be eating lunch or will be eating lunch outside the hotel.
- To be at practice on time and leave on time. The gym is shared by many teams and clubs. Players should not arrive more than 20 mins before a practice or workout. Players should leave when the staff leaves. Players are not allowed to use facilities without a staff member or coach present. On the weekends the practice and training facilities are closed to Europrobasket players.
- To understand that Europrobasket is not an agency, and is not responsible to work and assist players after their program has ended. Once an agreement has been reached between a player and a team, that agreement is between those two entities and does not include Europrobasket or staff members.
Europrobasket reserves the right to terminate a players program and stay in the hotel if one or more of the rules is broken. If a player intentionally injures another player or staff member in a practice, game or any other situation. If a player has not paid for the full program before the date agreed upon. If the player continually behaves in a disruptive or hostile manner, after warnings and/or meetings with staff members.
Assumption of Risk
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge and agree that:
- In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Europrobasket Program, related events and activities, I, the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in these sport events is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated instructions and policies and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest staff member immediately; and
- I understand that if I choose to drive my own vehicle or be a passenger in a vehicle while traveling to and/or from a Europrobasket or Spanish Team’s event, Europrobasket’s liability insurance coverage will not apply; and
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify and hold Europrobasket, BnB Hotel, L’Alqueria del Basket de Valencia Basket, and their staff, officials, agents and/or employees, other sport participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event or activity (“Releases”) harmless with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I hereby grant Europrobasket International Academy permission to use my likeness in photographs, video recordings or electronic images in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. I understand and agree that these materials will become the property of the organization and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocably authorize the organization to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute these images for purposes of publicizing the organization’s programs or for any other lawful purpose. In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of my image. I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge the organization from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND BY REGISTERING, IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Limitation of Liability and Release
I understand, agree and acknowledge that some activities may be of a hazardous nature and/or include physical and/or strenuous activity. Understanding this, I state that I have no medical condition or impairment that might inhibit my safe and active participation in the above listed activity. In addition, I understand that the Academy does not provide medical insurance coverage for activity participants and that any applicable medical insurance must be provided individually by such participants. In the case of injury or medical emergency and in the event participant, or their parent or guardian, cannot respond at the time of the emergency, Europrobasket has permission to seek, administer, or have administered whatever first aid or emergency medical care deemed necessary for participant’s welfare, and it is understood that participant, and not Europrobasket, shall be responsible for any and all charges for such health care services regardless of whether participant’s medical insurance would cover such charges.
Photographs and Videos
I hereby grant Europrobasket International Academy permission to use my likeness in photographs, video recordings or electronic images in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. I understand and agree that these materials will become the property of the organization and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocably authorize the organization to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute these images for purposes of publicizing the organization’s programs or for any other lawful purpose. In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of my image. I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge the organization from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
To receive a shared room in a hotel
To receive training from certified coaches
To receive practices weekdays, not including holidays or weekends
To receive transportation to and from Europrobasket games and events, in the case of away games or community activities
To receive practice and game uniforms
To receive 3 meals per day in the hotel restaurant
To receive medical care from a certified physiotherapist during their program
To receive games against local teams and scrimmages and film from those games
To place the program on hold due to injury, illness or family emergency and to return at a later time as long as it is within 12 months of their departure from the program
Europrobasket reserves the rights:
To retain the entire program fee due to player not signing with a professional team (as this is not a Europrobasket responsibility), being injured, not being satisfied with the program or for any other reason.
To withhold the payment once it is made. Payments are non-refundable, but can be used for a future program with advanced notice. All fees, once paid, are non-refundable.
To withhold the payment without refund if the player does not show on the scheduled arrival date without 48 hours prior notice.
To terminate a players program and stay in the hotel if one or more of the EUROPROBASKET rules is broken, if a player intentionally injures another player or staff member in a practice, game or any other situation. If a player has not paid for the full program before the date agreed upon. If the player continually behaves in a disruptive or hostile manner, after warnings and/or meetings with staff members.
By registering for the Europrobasket Programs listed on the website, you fully understand and agree to everything stated in the above text.
- Players who are not able to attend a program for their scheduled date are allowed to move their arrival to a later date.
- Arrival dates will be based on a first to register first to receive priority to arrive. Late registrations, 15 days before scheduled arrival or less, will be subject to change depending on availability.
- Various safety protocols are in place to protect the staff and players. These should not affect the training or competition.
- Registered players will be asked to use a mask and practice strict social distancing 10 days before their scheduled departure to their Europrobasket program.
- Games will be based on availability of teams
- Temperature checks will be taken at the training facility entrance upon every player entry, via thermal camera.
- The amount of players in the program will vary and is difficult to predict due to the current circumstances. Lower number of players are expected vs pre covid-19.
- If a player shows symptoms of infection, we reserve the right to exercise the government mandated safety protocol. This includes being removed from training, isolation in your hotel room, and tested for Covid-19.
- Please contact the academy director for more detailed information as it is constantly changing and being updated: email@example.com and +34600861733